Sunday, February 12, 2012

tv tuner for mac

The installation of my Elgato EyeTV was practically instantaneous and totally painless. Within minutes I had a sharp, beautifully detailed picture on my iMac using a Winegard indoor antenna. Recording was simple and the conversion process to the mp4 format let me save the file for future viewing on my iPad. Altogether a pleasure to use and a money saver compared to the cost of a separate DVR, not to mention the outrageous cost of cable TV.



The picture is pretty much crystal clear. It picks up about 20 channels in my area. Recording is nice and good quality. A lot really varies on antenna placement I have noticed, however.

Its easy to set up and works well. You can attach a regular antenna or a powered antenna for better reception. At my desk, the regular antenna worked fine enough although on rainy days there was some interference.

No comments:

Post a Comment