Thursday, February 9, 2012

actiontec q1000

I'm getting over 2 megabytes per second over my laptops wireless network card, which is over 7.2 gigabytes per hour. I don't even have the fastest service (though I do have a higher than average service level). If I were to upgrade my internet speed through my provider, I have no doubt that this modem would meet the demand of my upgraded service.



It's also nice and easy to use. Nothing cryptic about the interface; it's very user friendly.
I was a little surprised at how much it cost, but this is actually my first DSL modem; all my other modems were made for cable TV internet providers, in which data is transferred over coax instead of the telephone line. However, considering it's an all in one solution, the cost is comparable to having to buy a separate modem and router anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment