Friday, February 3, 2012

EyeTV Hybrid - Mac TV tuner stick that receives free over-the-air (OTA) HDTV

This is a great product, works fine. But it does require good horsepower from your computer. Recording DTV on my mac mini results in quite a few skips. That I didnt expect, as it doesnt really do any conversion on DTV signals, should be recording the stream as it comes.. But still, good interface and works well.



Never one to lag behind the times, if that's even possible anymore, I decided to go TV-less and run everything through my Apple. I generally have no need for TV, but occasionally there are things I'd like to watch. Given the nature of my life-style, and that of many others these days, the fact that I can record programs I'd like to see is the best ever. The process was a little difficult to sort out, but with some patience, I got it worked out. Now I just watch TV whenever I want. Oh and I'm also ready for the digital revolution, which we all should have known about for months now. I was in Iraq for the last year and knew and my grandma is 83 and knew, so come on with the pampering. Get it on already...what, they might miss an episode of Matlock. Serves 'em right for living in a bubble. Oh, as for the technical performance, no problems except that the picture freezes up occasionally, but I'm not sure if this is caused by the component or something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment