Friday, February 3, 2012

DS Lite Action Replay

This will be in two parts - I got this for my son for his 9th birthday - he saw a fellow kid at airport who had this and so wanted this for cheats. I originally ordered it through Worldwide distributors and paid $24.99 plus tax - they sent me the wrong item - Action Replay EZ instead of just the original DS Lite Action Replay, which cost much less. I contact them of the error and they try to explain the difference and that the EZ replaced the original one. Based on reviews, I decide I rather return the item and obtain the correct one - at same time, the price for Action Replay already dropped to 21.47 while the EZ version was cheaper than that. I tell them I'm returning it so they can send me the right one. Well I send it back as "refuse, return to sender" as they suggested. Then I get an e-mail that I'm getting refund. I contact them why b/c I didn't want refund, but just correct item to be mailed to me. They claim it was out of stock while it's still available to order online and they don't tell me this when I'm contacting them. So at least they gave me refund, b/c it does not make sense that they even advertise they have it but instead send EZ version to those who don't know better. So I realized there were other sellers and went with The Game Pimps who had 100% customer satisfaction and everything went smoothly there.



Once opened, I gave the stuff to my husband to figure out and told him to read the Amazon reviews - he didn't read the reviews/information as I suggested and it took him 2 hours to get it all figured out and correct software installed so that he had the cheats for the Pokemon White as it was manufactured long ago and you have to update everything from internet for all the current games from [...]. Also my husband ran into what other people have claimed as well about installing firmware 1.6 or above and had to find the correct driver online to be able to do such. Someone else in another review had provided the link: [...]
So I can't provide details b/c I'm not the one installing such but if you do not have someone computer literate enough or patient enough to figure it out then don't get this. But my son is so HAPPY now with playing his DS games on his DS Lite with all the cheat codes and things he can do. I can't speak to which is better (the newer EZ version or the original) but it's true you have to keep the cartridge attached onto the Action replay and stuck in it while playing but hey if this works and it's more expensive than the EZ version - there must be a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment